Actions and Detail Panel
Duty of Candour Training - Maidstone - 6-8 Albion Place, ME14 5DY
Tue 27 September 2016, 11:00 – 13:00 BST
Duty of Candour Training
Unite the union, 6-8 Albion Pl, Maidstone ME14 5DY
27 September 2016, 11:00-13:00
Unite in health is running regional workshop sessions on Duty of Candour for its members this year.
The Statutory Duty of Candour was Introduced on 1 April 2015 under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) Regulations 201. This imposes a legal duty on all Health Care Service providers to volunteer all relevant information to persons who have or may have been harmed by the provision of services, whether or not the information has been requested and whether or not a complaint or a report about that provision has been made.
This workshop will be focusing on What Duty of Candour means in Practice and What Practitioners need to know.
- To raise awareness of the statutory duty of candour introduced on 1 April 2015
- To learn about what the statutory duty of candour means for the employers and the practitioners
- To be familiar with the legal implications
At the end of this workshop you should:
- Be aware and familiar with the statutory duty of candour
- Gain an updated knowledge on the statutory duty of candour
- Know and understand the requirements and the responsibilities that duty of candour places on the employers and the practitioners
- To apply duty of candour in practice
Register now as places are limited.