How to bend Dynamics Crm to your will
(with Dave Hawes)
The ability of Dynamics Crm to be configured for such a wide range and scale of uses is one of its major selling points. The product is highly configurable and provides a number of robust options to integrate into existing systems to provide the ability to create a single user interface and view of organisations customers whilst not re-implementing but leveraging incumbent systems.
This talk with give an overview of Microsoft Dynamics 2011 and cover the following areas:
- Out of the box functionality
- Basic customisations through the UI
- Custom Entities
- Form customisations
- Security Configuration
- Charts and Reports
- Advance customisations with Visual Studio
- Custom workflow activities
- Silverlight widgets
- Advance reporting
- Using the Dynamics Crm oData & SOAP apis
- Essential tools to help with development
- Using Microsoft Dynamics Crm in the cloud
David Hawes is a software developer with over 10 years experience. He first work with Dynamics Crm whilst a consultant at Avanade in 2007. Since then he has made his career with Dynamics Crm becoming a freelance Dynamics Crm developer in 2010 and recently setting up a new consulting practice called Just Dynamics Crm.
David has implemented Dynamics Crm projects for a wide range of organisations including Social Housing, International Charity, Large UK Bank, Property Auctions, Property Management, Investment Firm, Visa Processing, Medical Training. These implementations ranged from having 10 users to 4,500 users.
Cross Platform MVVM
(with Stuart Slodge)
This talk won't include any intro into WP7, Touch or Droid coding - but any C# coder should pick that up anyway :) Instead this talk will cover hands-on coding of MVVM for iPhone, iPad, Droid and WP7, including:
- how to get databinding working in non-Microsoft platforms,
- how to unify ViewModels across the different platforms,
- using IoC for platform specific operations
- some strategies for ensuring you can maximise code reuse in your ongoing cross-platform development.
Stuart is a very late convert to the world of MVVM and Databinding, but has recently worked on a big iPhone, Android and WP7 project and we've used MVVM and Databinding across all 3 platforms.
When & Where
A very informal evening held at a local pub with presentations given by .net developers on any topic they wish to talk about followed by a pint & tasty meal.
Presentations are given by a mixture of DevEvening members and professional speakers.