E-COMMERCE BEST PRACTICE: GUIDANCE, INSIGHTS, CASE STUDIES & STATISTICS
FOR NICHE RETAILERS
Online retailing is at an all time high, IMRG and Capgemini are forecasting that the online retail market in 2013 will grow by 12% in 2013, with consumers spending £87bn online.
Niche brands need to work increasingly harder to acquire & retain customers against tough competition from global giants. Simply having a "nice website" is not enough: the winners must differentiate, add value & offer better service to survive.
To help you keep in touch with best practice e-commerce and industry trends, we would like to invite you to 5th E-commerce forum, organised by Emailvision, MNP, Nomensa, and Screen Pages. It is a rare & focused opportunity for you to hear from a number of industry specialists & businesses and find out what works and what doesn't in the e-commerce world in 2013 - tailored specifically to the interests and issue that face niche brands and retailers selling online.
What will you hear?
The forum will concentrate on marketing, sales & service from an e-commerce best practice perspective - in particular how to increase sales, conversions and improve customer service. Key topics will include search, mobile, usability, content & email marketing & personalisation and fulfilment.
Who should attend?
For business owners and senior managers responsible for e-commerce in the retail, mail order & direct sectors, this event will help you understand:
- Latest industry trends and what the UK's leading e-retailers are doing
- Vital statistics in the online world
- Best practices and approaches in e-commerce
- What works (& what doesn't) in terms of online marketing
- Lessons from case studies & war stories from like-minded companies
- Successes (and failures) from panel discussions with experts & practitioners
And, of course, there will be plenty of opportunity for networking with your peers over drinks and refreshments.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Gary McDonald, head of marketing at Donald Russell, the leading online butcher, will describe how the company plans, executes and measures its various marketing activities
- Edward David, director at Atterley Road, the award-winning fashion retailer, will share how the business grew rapidly from a start-up to an established player in 6 months
- Leon Hughes, e-commerce adviser at Piper Private Equity, the investment house specialising in consumer brands, will discuss how investors assess a brand's e-commerce performance
- James Murray, marketing and research analyst at Experian Hitwise, the online & digital retail insights company, will present latest internet & search patterns and statistics
- Simon Norris, managing director of Nomensa, the leading web usability agency, will show how to improve user experience (& sales) using proven scientific and psychological approaches
- Neil Hamilton, Sales Personalisation Director at Emailvision and founder of PreditiveIntent (now an Emailvision company), the leading personalisation expert, will explain how personalised, target marketing and content can boost conversions
- Pierre D'Arbost, managing director of MNP/Order Active, the direct commerce software company, will share how leading direct commerce players deliver effective service and manage their fulfilment
- Jenny Homer, EMEA partners manager at Magento, the fastest growing e-commerce software company, will set out how developments in e-commerce software can support online growth
- Kevin Gibbons, MD of digital marketing agency Blueglass, will present the vital role of content marketing in e-commerce activity
- Matt Trimmer, managing director of Ivantage, the search marketing specialist, will discuss search marketing best practice, strategies & futures for retailers
- Roger Willcocks, director at Screen Pages, the leading e-commerce agency, will share learnings and best practice from over 300 niche retailers over the past 10 years
Further industry experts & speakers will be announced shortly.