E-COMMERCE BEST PRACTICE: GUIDANCE, INSIGHTS, CASE STUDIES & STATISTICS
Businesses need to work increasingly harder to acquire & retain customers against tough competition from global giants. Simply having a "nice website" is not enough: the winners must differentiate, add value & offer better service to survive.
To help you keep in touch with best practice e-commerce and industry trends, we would like to invite you to the E-commerce Forum (now in its 7th year), organised by Amazon Payments, dotmailer, Cogeco Peer1 & Screen Pages. It is a rare and focussed opportunity for you to hear from a number of industry specialists & businesses and find out what works and what doesn't in the e-commerce world in 2016 - tailored specifically to the interests and issues that face niche brands and retailers selling online.
What will you hear?
The forum will concentrate on marketing, sales & service from an e-commerce best practice perspective - in particular how to increase sales, conversions and improve customer service. Key topics will include search, mobile, usability, content & email marketing & personalisation –backed by the latest advice, statistics & trends.
Who should attend?
For business owners, senior managers & marketers responsible for e-commerce in the retail, wholesale, mail order & direct sectors (both B2C & B2B), this event will help you understand:
- Latest industry trends and what the UK's leading e-retailers are doing
- Vital statistics in the online world
- Best practices and approaches in e-commerce
- What works (& what doesn't) in terms of online marketing
- Lessons from case studies & war stories from like-minded companies
- Successes (and failures) from panel discussions with experts & practitioners
And, of course, there will be plenty of opportunity for networking with your peers over food, drinks and refreshments (breakfast, buffet lunch, tea & coffee).
Speakers at the event will include:
- Alastair Stirling, who has led Google's e-commerce and multi-channel initiatives and strategies in a number of sectors including Home Furnishings and multi-goods retailing, will discuss latest online technology & consumer trends, and effective business strategies to compete in 2016.
- Joe Fletcher, e-commerce director of This Works, the modern natural beauty company, will describe how the company has grown over the years into a beauty products leader, what has worked online and what hasn’t.
- Billy Grant, head of custom research at Hitwise, will present the latest online trends and audience insights.
- Skip Fidura, Client Services Director of dotmailer, the email marketing provider, will reveal current best practice for automated, targeted, personalised email marketing programmes.
- Amazon Payments: hear how Login and Pay with Amazon can help you add new customers, increase sales and turn casual browsers into buyers.
- Hear from Cogeco Peer 1 about why online retailers need to ensure their technology is optimised for high performance e-commerce, and what’s required to create, manage and support an infrastructure to deliver the speed, reliability and security that customers demand in order to drive increased sales.
- David Wise, Head of Strategic Partners North EMEA at Magento, the fastest growing e-commerce software company, will set out how developments in e-commerce software can support online growth.
- Dan Richardson, search marketing consultant, who'll share latest best practice from organic and paid search.
- Roger Willcocks, director at Screen Pages, the leading e-commerce agency, will share learnings and best practice from over 300 niche retailers over the past 10 years.
- A panel of merchants will also discuss best practice, useful tips, what works and what doesn't based on their hard experience of e-commerce
Further industry experts & speakers will be announced shortly.