Actions and Detail Panel
E-commerce: Local to Global
Wed 2 November 2016, 09:15 – 13:00 GMT
With 40% (1 billion) of worldwide internet users having made a purchase online. Can you afford not to increase your presence within the global market?
The Department for International Trade and North East Lincolnshire Council have teamed up with local experts to support businesses in the region grow by gaining a greater understanding of how to improve their online presence.
You’ll discover top tips and advice on how to sell online overseas, optimising your website for global markets, making the most of social media and how to protect your online business from cyber security threats.
Speaking at the event will be:
- Brett Harland, Digital Trade Adviser, DIT Yorkshire and the Humber – How to attract overseas distributors using your website
- Gordon Meldrum, Agenda Screening Services and Chair of the Humber Business Resilience Forum (HBRF) – Cyber security and accessing the most relevant information to protect from security threats
- Becky Rope, ICT Consultant, Grimsby Institute – Social media and how best to utilise it for your business
- David Alden, Tax Associate, RSM - Advice on avoiding tax issues that may be encountered trading online
- David Robinson, Economic Development Officer, North East Lincolnshire Council – Support available to your business in the North East Lincolnshire region
- Duncan Slater, International Trade Adviser, DIT Yorkshire and the Humber – Next steps for your business and the support available from the Department for International Trade