• Ever found yourself stuck behind a corporate desk wondering what happened to your dreams of changing the world?
EA WORKPLACE ACTIVISM WORKSHOP
London's companies move £100bns per year including £500m to charity. There is a huge potential for a grassroots network to change how that is spent. At this event you will:
- Hear from some top speakers, including Jo Macare of Give Directly
- Learn a bunch of conrete skills and tips to help you make a plan of action.
- Meet interesting like minded poeple
• 2:00 - 17:00 EA WORKPLACE ACTIVISM WORKSHOP
Read sectiob below for more details
INTRODUCTION TO EFFECTIVE ALTRUISM WORKSHOP
We are a community who use reason and evidence to maximise our ethical impact. The morning workshop will cover what it means to have a social impact and how to think about trying to do good.
• 11:50 - 1:20 INTRO TO EFFECTIVE ALTRUISM WORKSHOP:
• 1:20 - 2:00 LUNCH (£4)
For more details see: www.facebook.com/events/909339199208085
EA WORKPLACE ACTIVISM is a new project aimed at helping you to use the power of your workplaces to maximise positive social impact.
• Jo Macrae (GiveDirectly & former Head of UK Humanitarian Policy). Speaking about GiveDirectly’s pioneering work to administer direct cash transfers to the poorest households in East Africa.
• George Howlett (EA Workplace Activism/CEA). Giving an overview of our workplace activism to date, and discussing how we can leverage corporate resources for high-impact causes.
• Dr. David Reinstein (Exeter University Business School). David’s innovative ‘Give-if-you-Win’ initiative seeks to raise charitable donations from corporate bonus pools, via asking people to commit amounts in advance.
• What is workplace activism and why it matters
• How to expand and improve payroll giving schemes
• Ways to increase the impact of corporate charity partnerships
• How to link ethically minded top execs with high impact opportunities
• How to constructively raise internal ethical concerns
• Balance risks: how to weigh up having workplace activism with other career considerations, and how to ensure you don’t upset anyone.
We will also be pre-launching v2 of the EA Workplace Activism handbook, and discussing how to further improve the guidance in it before a wider national launch: www.eaworkplaceactivism.org/handbook
Full Day Agenda
• 12:00-13:20 Intro to EA workshop
• 13:20-14:00 Lunch (both separately ticketed - see options)
14:00-17:00 Workplace Activism Launch
• 14:10 Short talks on workplace activism
• 14:50 Discussion on workplace activism
• 15:20 Break
• 15:40 Activism brainstorming & planning
• 16:40 End + feedback + stay for a drink
Sponsored by Newspeak House: www.nwspk.com