San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ear Acupuncture – Integrating Auricular therapy into your current practice
This is a 2-day practical interactive workshop that will enable you, as a participant, to learn how to integrate ear acupuncture and auricular therapy into your current clinical practice, gaining an insight into both the theoretical and practical basis for the integration of auricular acupuncture / therapy alongside your own professional discipline.
Attending the workshop will enable you to develop new practical and patient handling skills, new acupuncture needling techniques and practical non-invasive treatment approaches to use with your clients.
Traditional Chinese Acupuncture Models, Western anatomical models and Microsystems Acupuncture models of medicine will underpin and reinforce the course, and the use of up-to-date evidence based research and the tutors clinical experience supports all of the teaching.
Who is the course for ?
The course has been uniquely devised for practising therapists of all disciplines who hold professional insurances that will cover them for the use of acupuncture within their scope of practice, and who have an interest in developing and enhancing their clinical skills. A working knowledge of acupuncture (any particular style) is desirable but not essential.
- Physiotherapists, etc.
What will I learn?
You will learn;
- The anatomy of the ear
- The location and function of a number of auricular acupuncture points, including the NADA protocol, The Battlefield Protocol, The new Anxiety protocol, Master points, and others.
- Non invasive treatment approaches and techniques such as ear seeds etc.
- How to use and integrate treatments into your current clinical practice to enhance treatments, speed your clients recovery, and improve clinical outcomes.
- Explore the research behind how auricular acupuncture can facilitate the body’s own healing mechanisms in order to improve rehabilitation and recovery.
- Health and safety issues.
- Red flags and contraindications.
- First aid for common clinical events.
How many hours CPD?
- 14 hours CPD
- The day will run for 2 consecutive days from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Is the course assessed?
- Assessment is undertaken on a continuous basis by the tutor throughout the 2 days as the course is a hands on practical course. As participants you will be working in pairs throughout the day.
The course is mapped to Skills for Healths National Ocupational Standards for Microsystems Acupuncture.This course is CPD standards approved by the AACP.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You will be supplied with a full set of colour notes, and a CPD certificate of attendance.
- Access to the free CPD Group app.
- All the clinical equipment needed to train.
- You must consent to give and receive treatments during the training.
- There will only be a maximum of 12 attendees on the course, (12:1 student tutor ratio) so book early to secure your place.
- You will receive on the day free; a stainless steel probe, a high quality practice silicone ear, a unique laminated ear acupuncture poster and a full set of colour notes, worth over £50.00.
When & Where
The CPD Group
Cross-fertilising disciplines through unique bespoke CPD. Providers of Unique health care and educaitonal courses.