San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Early Days (concept stage, pre-start-ups and just started enterprises)
This programme is designed to support individuals and organisations in the Yorkshire and Humber Region who are either just starting their journey towards the design and development of a new socially focussed business.
The workshop will cover:
- Use of personal survival budgets
- Calculating wages (NI, Tax and Pensions)
- Paying for premises
- Insurance and licences
- Examining income streams grant/ contract/ trading
- Understanding payment terms and invoicing
- Income seasonality and other impacting factors (holidays and illness)
- Cash flow sensitivity planning (reduced/ late income and higher/ earlier costs
- Understanding 'Valley of Death' or Hockey Stick' cash flow
- Importance of financial management systems
- Sources of money/ finance
- Debunking the myths of sponsorship and patron support
- Contracts and tenders
- Grants - contrasting the benefits and downsides of grants/ loans
- The importance of good governance
Please note if you book a place on the roadshow and then are a no show your organisation will be charged £20. This event is for on the ground groups only, no support agencies please.
When & Where
Key Fund's central mission is to provide finance – flexible loans and grant/loan packages – to help community and social enterprises to start-up, become sustainable, or grow. It’s not just about the money. It’s also about providing the right kind of support to help our investees have the best possible chance of success.
We invest in community and social enterprises who have traditionally been excluded; turned down by mainstream banks and building societies. Particularly those in disadvantaged areas.
Key Fund believes in the power of people to find solutions to the challenges facing their communities. Our mission is to remove barriers to finance.
Our investees have one crucial thing in common – the ambition to build and strengthen local communities.