Actions and Detail Panel
Early Years Conference 2017
Fri 6 October 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
For the launch of the Early Years conference the theme is "Celebrating and Sharing the Principles of High Quality Early Years Provision". This conference will support schools in delivering a quality 30 hour offer, either independently or through partnership.
Featuring keynote speakers:
- Sue Robb OBE, Head of Early Years, Action for Children
- Gill Jones, HMI, Deputy Director Ofsted, Early Education
- Professor Kathy Sylva, Honorary Research Fellow and Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Oxford; Effective Pre-school and Primary Education study and Parenting Research
Along with the opportunity to attend three practical workshops, the day is designed to share current educational thinking and examples of effective practice in the Early Years. The workshops on offer are led by experts in the field and topics include (click on the title for more information):
- No more pretend thinking! Cognitive challenge in the Early Years - Helen Moylett, Early Years Consultant
- Why it's ok for children to fall out of trees - Leanna Barrett, Little Forest Folk
- Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing in the Early Years - Paula Nagel, Principal Educational Psychologist (North), Place2Be
- Untapped potential: supporting the childcare workforce in England so that every child sees the benefits of high quality, affordable childcare - Jerome Finnegan, Research and Policy Adviser, Save the Children
- Better Together: A practical and reflective exploration of effective partnership working with parents - Clare Cosser, Early Years Consultant
- Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Accountability in the EYFS - Jan Dubiel, National Director of Early Excellence
This conference provides Early Years specific networking and collaboration opportunities, and aims to provide you with ideas and support that you can take back and implement in your work place. The first 50 members to sign up to this conference will have access to the Early Bird rate of just £155.
On Thursday 5 October we have a limited number of rooms available at the Staybridge Suites (located 2 mins walk from the venue) at the preferential rate of £95.00 B&B, via our booking agency. To book and pay for these rooms, please phone Executive Status on 01625 446288. Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on email@example.com that the conference will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the conference if insufficient bookings are received. This programme may be subject to change.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions. Please note that if you choose to pay by invoice, this will be attached to your confirmation email for you process for immediate payment.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter their membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to email@example.com before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.