We are delighted to invite you to the next East Devon CIPD Branch Event which will take place on Wednesday 8th June 2016.
Alizoun Dickinson from Alcoholics Anonymous
Aly has been an HR Director and a member of the CIPD, working for major employers including a leading IT Company, a City Law Firm and latterly for a major employer in the South West. Recently, she has been appointed to the voluntary position of Employment Liaison Officer for the Devon Central Intergroup for AA. Her role is to communicate with Employers about what AA does; provide information and background on the work with Employers; explain how AA can be part of an Employee Assistance Programme and provide practical support to Employees who have an alcohol problem.
Magdalena Wood from Astra Training and Consultancy
Magdalena is the Owner and Managing Director of Astra Training and Consultancy which is a company based in Exeter. The company provides cutting edge and evidence based support to employers and employees in managing stress at the workplace, recognising the effects of mental ill health and ways of taking good care of emotional wellbeing. With her background of working for the NHS, Magdalena is committed to enhancing practical skills set around mental health and emotional wellbeing in a workplace.
5.30pm to 6.00pm Pre-event registration, networking & refreshments
6.00pm to 6.10pm Welcome, notices and introductions
6.10pm to 6.45pm Alizoun Dickinson, Alcoholics Anonymous
Aly’s story being in active alcoholism in the workplace and being in recovery (very brief summary!)
- What is addiction
- What is alcoholism and its guises in the workplace
- Statistics on costs and effects of alcoholism in the workplace
- Brief background on what AA does and how it works
- Statistics on recovery and success
- How to address suspicions that alcohol abuse if affecting performance at work
- Providing support as an employer and balancing with organisational objectives
- What support Employees will get from AA
- How Employers can work with AA
6.45pmto 7.00pm Networking and Refreshments
7.00pm to 7.55pm Magdalena Wood from Astra Training and Consultancy
- What is the reason for NHS England, EY or Unilever and many local employers to train Mental Health First Aiders across their workforce?
- What skills do they acquire as a result of training and how can they apply them as part of their day-to-day job?
- How creating Mental Health First Aiders in your workplace can fit into your company’s health and wellbeing strategy and provide added value?
- This interactive presentation will give you an opportunity to find out the answers to these questions for yourself.
7.55pm to 8.00pm Wrap-up and close
Professional photography and video production will be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.