Actions and Detail Panel
Ecology Building Society AGM and Members' Meet-up 2017
Sat 29 April 2017, 09:15 – 16:30 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Join us to have your say at our AGM and Members' Meet-up on 29 April 2017 at The Station, Bristol.
The day is open to all Ecology members and is your opportunity to influence our work, meet other members and our Directors and hear an exciting line-up of speakers on topical housing and ethical finance issues.
Schedule and speakers
9.15 Registration and refreshments
9.30 Building societies for beginners
Optional session giving an introduction to the building society model and the workings of an AGM
10.15 Annual General Meeting including Ask the Directors
12.15 Lunch (vegetarian, complimentary)
13.15 How can we move community-led housing into the mainstream?
Ecology provides lending for community-led housing. Hear about plans to scale-up the community-led housing sector and move it into the mainstream to respond to the housing crisis
Anna Kear – Executive Director, UK Cohousing Network
13.45 Radical interventions to make Bristol an earth friendly city
Discover how other democratic finance initiatives such as the Bristol Pound and community food centres are radical interventions to make Bristol an earth friendly city
Chris Sunderland - Executive Director, Real Economy (Bristol) Limited and a founder and former Chair of the Bristol Pound CIC
14.30 Refreshment break
15.00 Sustainable lending in practice
Hear from an Ecology borrower who is building a greener future at home, at work and in his community.
Andy Simmonds - retrofit borrower and CEO, Association for Environment Conscious Building (AECB)
15.45 Your Society
What are Ecology’s plans for the next ten years? How can Ecology grow in a sustainable, mission-driven way? Chance to meet and grill your Directors.
16.15 Closing comments
Paul Ellis - Chief Executive, Ecology Building Society
How to get to The Station
By Train from Temple Meads Railway Station
- 20 minutes walk or 7 minutes cycle to The Station along Victoria Street
- 10 minutes by bus (1, 2 or 50 to Union Street)
- 5 minutes by river ferry and 6 min walk – Follow path from railway station side entrance through the Yurts to the ferry landing. Take a river ferry to Castle Park landing (first ferry departs Temple Meads at 10 am)
- Taxis at the station entrance
- Cycle stands are available in the courtyard at The Station
There is no parking available at The Station. Nearest public car parks are at Nelson Street NCP (3 minutes walk) and at The Galleries shopping centre (5 minutes walk), which cost around £20 per day.
- From the North: At the end of the M32 stay right onto Bond St (A4044). At roundabout take 1st exit onto The Haymarket. Take 2nd left onto Bridewell Street, left onto Nelson Street then first right onto Fairfax Street and then turn right into The Galleries car park.
- From the West: A4 Portway towards Bristol City Centre. At roundabout take 3rd exit. Road name changes to A38 / St Augustines Parade. Take 4th exit at roundabout. Left onto Bridewell Street, then left onto Nelson Street. Right onto Fairfax Street and then right into The Galleries car park.
More information about the Ecology AGM and Members' Meet-up can be found at www.ecology.co.uk/agm