Actions and Detail Panel
Edinburgh CRF: The Write Stuff: A Short Scientific Writing Course (3 days)
Wed 1 November 2017, 09:30 – 12:30 GMT
This short course consists of three half days spread over three weeks. During the time we have together we will develop and try out different strategies to help us write and we will look in detail at some of the specific writing tasks that we face in science. In particular, we will spend time on developing a strategy for writing a scientific paper.
Because the course is over three weeks each participant will be invited after each session to prepare some short pieces of writing that will be individually critiqued by the course presenter Allan Gaw.
The course will be limited to 10 participants to ensure that there is maximum interaction and personalized tuition.
After this course each participant will:
- Understand the importance of being able to write well in science
- Appreciate the common difficulties faced by writers and how to overcome them
- Understand what is meant by freewriting
- Develop a personal strategy for writing
- Know how to edit and revise your texts
- Know how to avoid the commonest grammatical errors in English
- Understand the need to develop a professional, scientific style.
Date: Wednesday 1st, 8th & 15th November 2017
Time: 0930 - 1230
Location: Seminar Room, Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU
Student Rate: (valid matriculation card required) £70
NHS/Academic Early Bird Rate: (before 20 September 2017) £110
NHS/Academic after 20th September 2017: £140
Industry Rate: £280
To book a place, please email email@example.com
For further information, please refer to the wtcrf website www.crts.org.uk
Date and Time
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility
Western General Hospital
Crewe Road South