An evening's insight into the state of education, past present and future.
I have been a teacher for some ten years. I learned a way of teaching in my PGCE that is truly revolutionary, but found its implementation tricky. You will hear stories of some truly inspirational behaviour demonstrated by standard state school kids, and some unique insights into the theory of education and the future of our planet.
- self-discipline system -- how humans can realise ideals
- diversity and unity in dunfermline -- a real experience of community
- danny -- a kid who was kicked out of school, and even out of a referral unit
- work/play - make the decision -- how an open source computer game can change the face of education
- educare -- drawing out the best aspects of us as people
- learning to learn -- how tutoring gets you face to face with how people learn
- wisdom and unlearning -- how adults are trickier than kids because they think they know
- psycho-social dynamics -- the hole in current educational pedagogy
- XQ -- an alternative way to look at mathematics
- free schools -- and the future of education, globally
- virtual v physical -- how kids are making the choice between virtual and real with their social lives
Whether you are an educational professional, have kids in full-time education, or you just know me, you will leave this evening with a different take on how things can be.
People have said, "Education, education, education". I lived it.
(NOTE: Venue may change depending on how popular it gets:)