San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Academy of Medical Educators welcomes you to its 6th Annual Academic Meeting: Educating for Quality Improvement in Patient Care.
This one-day conference will cover important debates concerning the future workforce and the role of clinical and non-clinical teachers in undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education in shaping the clinicians of the future.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Wendy Reid, Medical Director of Health Education England
- Prof Iain Cameron, Dean of Medicine at Southampton Medical School and Chair, Medical Schools Council
- Prof Martin Marshall, Professor of Healthcare Improvement at UCL and lead for Improvement Science London
We expect the meeting to be attended by medical, veterinary and dental educators, health service managers, policy makers, medical school and Deanery staff, researchers in medical education and associated healthcare professionals.
There will be a number of parallel sessions in which researchers and practitioners will present new work focussing on innovative ideas, practical, strategic and visionary issues and areas of special interest.
The programme includes:
- Keynote presentations
- Workshops and parallel sessions
- Refreshments and a hot buffet lunch
- Awards ceremony and President’s Evening reception
- The Annual Distinguished Calman Lecture delivered this year by David Haslam, Chair, NICE
Click here for the final programme.
This event has been approved by the RCP for 6 category 1 (external) CPD points: reference 89989
When & Where
Academy of Medical Educators
The Academy of Medical Educators is the professional organisation for all those involved in medical education – the education and training of students and practitioners in medicine, dentistry and veterinary science.