Actions and Detail Panel
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Thu 1 December 2016, 09:30 – 13:00 GMT
As social entities, we spend a lot of time and effort in communication with others. Mastering the art of communication increases our chances of success in both professional and personal lives. Any performance improvement here will directly lead to benefits for your team, your job and your personal life. Communication skills can be learned and mastered through persistent practice.
“To master communication skills, extensive interactive and hands-on exercises are provided during the training course.”
A communication is successful when a message has been sent and received without much distortion. Messages conveyed badly by the sender or misinterpreted by the receiver prevent ideas and thoughts to be expressed correctly and causes much confusion and misunderstandings. The aim of this course is to minimise such distortions.
This 1 day course will provide delegates with practical techniques which each delegate can use in developing their skills delivered in an interactive workshop style.
Who should attend?
This Level 2 course is targeted at those individuals who wish to develop their communication skills further. This programme will enable delegates to gain feedback on how effective their communication methods are; it will help them to establish different styles of communication and the impact that these styles have on others.
- What is Communication?
- Methods of Communication
- Types of Communication
- Non-verbal Communication
- What is listening?
- The three stages of Listening
- The skills of listening
- Understanding your personal Communication style.
- Identifying barriers to effective Communication
- Overcoming the barriers to effective Communication
- Use different communication styles when needed based on circumstances
- Ask the right questions for the right reasons
- Discover what you know about yourself and how others think of you
- Avoid misunderstandings and overcome communication barriers
- Empathize to establish trust and communicate effectively
- Deliver your potentially negative message and get a good response
- Read and interpret body language and gestures while communicating with others