Why is this training important?
Effective nutrition and fluid intake is a basic requirement for continued health. Staff require the knowledge and confidence to enable them to ensure these requirements are met.
This course supports Care Certificate Standard 8
Who needs this training/qualification
Staff from any Adult Health and Social Care environment.
- Components of the “Live Well” plate
- The importance of fluids and nutrition
- Promotion of good nutrition and hydration
- The importance of hydration
- Signs and symptoms of malnourishment and dehydration
3 hours workshop using discussion, presentation and activities
No formal assessment. Learners will complete a learning check and receive an attendance certificate at the end of the session.