Actions and Detail Panel
Effective Leadership for Dementia Care Services
Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 09:30 – Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 16:00 BST
Good leadership should be effective and efficient, supporting the workforce and bringing about positive change to improve services.
The number of people living with dementia is rising fast and it is essential that any care and support is delivered with skill and compassion. Services need to be equipped to meet the current and future demands and as a leader this can bring many challenges and barriers to delivering person centred services. This two day course will help you develop your leadership qualities towards becoming an effective and efficient leader in dementia care.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Reflect on your experiences of leadership and your own approach to leadership
- Utilise aspects of leadership theory to evaluate effective leadership approaches for use in practice
- Be familiar with and subsequently utilise the Leadership Qualities Framework as a tool to analyse your leadership
- Describe and justify quality in the care of people with dementia
- Prepare for future change and its management