Actions and Detail Panel
Effective Presentation Skills
Thu 25 May 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
For many people the thought of making a standup presentation is at best daunting and at worst petrifying. However, the vast majorirty of people in business will, at some time, be required to make a presentation and so will need to face up to this challenge.
This course is designed to give people the key skills requred to deliver a clear effective and professional presentation, while gaining confidence in themselves and their ability to influence others.
The day is broken down into an easy to follow, step by step sequence. Delegates will have the oppurtunity to develop and practice delivery in a supportive, helpful emviroment and hear constructive feedback.
Benifits of attenting:
This course will enable participants to:
- understanding the vital areas for consideration when first planning a presentation
- learn and use different techniques for gathering and organising the necessry presentation content
- utilise the venue they will be presenting in to full effect
- understand how different visual aids can be used and select the most appropriate for their presentation
- delievr a presentation without the need for copious notes or a ridgid script
- hold audience interest through verbal and non-verbal communication
The course is ideal for anyone who has to, or may have to present to a group and wants to take advanatge of a fantastic oppurtunity to put across veiws and influence others.
- what are the key steps to perfect presenting
- how to ensure your presentation 'delivers'
- planning the presentation
- venue considerations
- using notes
- engaging the audience
- the use of visual aids
- overcoming nerves
- dealing with questions and hecklers
- delivery of a videoed presentation with specific constructive feedback