This one day workshop which covers all aspects of writing effective Press Releases. It is designed for skilled professionals who write Press Releases on a regular basis, but who would like to hone those skills.
We aim to help you write even more effective press releases which are eye catching, actually tell a story, get the top line right and force journalists to take notice and publish your story.
We are looking at the difference between press releases which get ignored and thrown into the bin within five seconds and those which are put straight into the newsroom diary.
The Workshop will be divided into two parts – theory and practice – and you will be asked to provide the raw materials (i.e. the background information) to enable you to write at least two Press Releases.
The practical exercises allow each of you to write at least two Press Releases, and the trainer will go through each Press Release individually giving constructive feedback.
We also show you how to “sell the story in”, with an effective phone call, once you have despatched the Press Release. Journalists have short attention spans and you will need to persuade them that your press release is worthy of newsprint within about twenty to thirty seconds on the phone. We will give you an opportunity to practise this as well during the course of the day.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about this course please contact usand we will be happy to discuss this or any other media training needs.
- Communications Professionals
- Press and PR Officers
- Knowing how to make your Press Release newsworthy.
- Using correct format and structure.
- Making your press release attention grabbing.
- Following through with phone calls to journalists.
- Avoiding pitfalls.
- Converting your press release into coverage.
- Sending your press release to the right places.
- Supporting release with press conference.
- Providing spokespeople and quotes.