San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
3-day CPD Accredited Effective Self-Management Training for Small Businesses, Entrepreneurs, UCL Staff, Alumni and Post-graduate Students
*** UCL Students - Please contact Fiona Bell (email@example.com) to get your Event Discount Code, BEFORE booking ***
Learn how to manage, lead, communicate and interact more effectively with this intensive 3-day workshop:
- Overview of Managing and Leading Teams
- Effective Communication Skills including
- Conflict Management approaches
- Having Difficult conversations
- Decision Making
- Time and Stress Management
Who will benefit?
- Professional roles within business or education
- Research roles or postgraduate students who would like to pursue a management development career pathway (newly appointed or soon to be)
- Anyone who needs to influence, collaborate and persuade others without legitimate power of authority
What delegates will learn?
- Recognise the qualities of successful leadership and management
- Recognise and understand different management styles and their impact
- Be able to differentiate between Leadership and Management skills
- Recognise the need for task and people balance within Team leadership
- How to respond professionally to difficult behaviour
- Transactional analysis theory and principles
- How to give and receive feedback from colleagues.
- Techniques for Managing Conflict
- How to have difficult conversations with colleagues/customers and staff
- A range of resources and tools for decision making
- Recognise time traps and time robbers
- How to prioritise and schedule work appropriately
- Recognise potential sources of stress & stress reactions
- The value of developing stress resistance resources
Data Protection: The information provided by you will be held on a database by UCL Advances. You may be contacted about other UCL Advances or UCL activities in the future. By submitting this information you agree that your details may be used for this purpose.
Terms and Condiions: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/advances/about/terms
Other courses we have: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/advances/training/short-courses/courses
When & Where
UCL Innovation and Enterprise supports UCL’s staff and students to engage with businesses and external organisations with the aim of maximising the social and economic benefit of our knowledge and research. We do this through fostering innovation projects, developing partnerships, supporting entrepreneurship, and facilitating CPD and Life Learning.