Actions and Detail Panel
Electrical Product Safety Management - May - Midlands
Tue 23 May 2017, 09:00 – 16:30 BST
This is a course recommended for product buyers, project managers, component purchasing, design managers and anyone working in production management or third party sourcing of electronic and electrical products.
The course explains the requirements of safety standards and regulations for electronic products, and gives delegates an understanding of how to manage product safety - from initial idea to finished product.
No prior technical knowledge of electronics is required before attending this course.
- Introduction and Common Terms
- Selecting safety standards
- Commonly used terms and their meanings
- Module 1 – Basic Safety Principles
- Hazards, and the general principles to reduce their risk
- Module 2 – Types of Circuit, Accessibility and Enclosures
- Identifying types of circuit, and their hazards
- Why is accessibility important?
- Requirements for enclosures
- Module 3 – Development and Production Line Testing
- Tests to prove safe design
- Module 4 – Assessment of Systems using COTS
- Obligations when using Commercial Off-The-Shelf components
- Module 5– Warnings and Instructions
- Required markings and documentation
- Module 6 – Submitting for Testing
- Type testing or certification? Understanding the difference
- Preparing for testing
- Safety critical components
- Module 7 – Technical Files
- Contents and upkeep
Exercises on the modules and worked examples are provided throughout the day to ensure that delegates get as much out of the day as possible.