Actions and Detail Panel
Electronic Product Safety Design - September - Fareham
Wed 20 September 2017, 09:00 – 16:30 BST
This is a course recommended for design technicians and anyone working on the electrical and mechanical design of electronic and electrical products.
The course explains the principles and requirements of electronic product safety standards. Delegates will gain an understanding of how to design products with compliance built in, what tests are required and how to pass them.
A basic level of electrical and electronic knowledge is required before attending the course.
- Selecting safety standards
- Module 1 – Basic Safety Principles
- Identifying hazards and how to minimise risk in design
- Module 2 – Circuit Characteristics and Insulation
- Hazards associated with different circuits
- Understanding insulation grades
- Module 3 – Insulation Coordination
- Understanding clearances, creepage distances, and solid insulation
- Module 4 – Accessible Circuits and Parts
- Assessing accessibility
- Safety requirements for accessible parts – electrical, mechanical, thermal
- Module 5 – Enclosure Design
- Fire enclosure requirements
- Electrical enclosure requirements
- Mechanical enclosure requirements
- Understanding protective earthing
- Module 6 – Typical Product Testing
- Introduction to standard tests
Exercises on the modules and worked examples are provided throughout the day to ensure that delegates get as much out of the day as possible.