Electronics made simple
This free hands-on all day workshop will focus on electronics and aims to demonstrate easy ways to develop electronics activities for STEM enrichment such as an after school club using affordable kits. Introducing electronics to the curriculum will also be explored.
- Learn how to use Simulation software to design circuits
- See a CNC engraver cutting Circuit Boards
- Build project kits courtesy of Kitroniks and receive a resource CD (With schemes of work) and their latest catalogue.
- Build at least 3 projects starting with a basic Ley Stage 3 and 2 that are suitable for GCSE.
- A presentation on the use of Flowol 3 fair ground ride programming
- How to programme a micro controller Integrated Chip
- Angela Carpenter from STEMNET will talk about the STEM Ambassador scheme and how to get involved
- Lynda Watts from API technologies will talk on skill shortage in Electronics
- Three Yr10 students will demonstrate their circuit designs
This event will be lead by Paul Bexfield, who's electronics course at Lynn Grove school has attracted national radio attention. Lunch will be provided.
The STEM Clubs Network. The STEM CLUB Network is an affiliation network which gives schools to access the very latest in best practice information, professional advice, shared resources, key contacts and personal support. It is managed by STEMNET, it's free to join and it's all about STEM clubs! Join today at www.stemclubs.net/register.
The STEM Clubs Network would like to thank the following organisations, who have worked in collaboratioin to make this course possible:
When & Where
STEM Clubs Network
If the event you are looking for is not shown, please contact email@example.com or check back again soon for updates!
STEM clubs allow children to explore the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths) in a stimulating learning environment, free from the constraints of the curriculum.
The STEM Clubs Network is an affiliation network for schools interested in supporting STEM club activities and STEM club leader professional development. It is completely free to join and affiliation will grant you full access to www.stemclubs.net.//