Actions and Detail Panel
Elementary Food Hygiene
Sat 25 March 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 GMT
This is an essential requirement for staff and volunteers who have to prepare, cook or serve food. The course will cover various topics including an introduction to food hygiene, personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler etc. This course content will be delivered by an experienced tutor who will take the participants through the required syllabus.
* Participants will need to bring their own lunch.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
This course is for anyone who has to prepare, cook or serve food either as a member of staff or a volunteer.
By the end of the course participants should know and understand:
- an introduction to food hygiene
- bacteria and their characteristics
- the incidence of food poisoning and its prevention
- personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- the working environment
- cleaning practices
- common food pests and their control
- food legislation
On successful completion of the course the training participants will receive a certificate for Elementary Food Hygiene which is valid for 3 years.