All food handlers in kitchens or carers in the community who cook from scratch.
- An introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene - Food Safety and Hygiene are terms commonly used, here we will look at how they relate to food that has been prepared and served
- Impact of Food-Borne Illness - looking at what food-bourne illnesses are and how they affect us
- Understanding Food Law - food often has a long journey from growing, harvesting, delivery, preparation through to being eaten. As a result there are many opportunities for it to become contaminated. In this section we look at legislation in place that relates to food hygiene and safety
- Food Safety Hazards and Contamination - exploring food safety hazards and how they arise and consider how they can be prevented and controlled
- Food Preservation, Storage and Temperature Control - how to preserve food, including appropriate storage and temperature controls
- Personal Hygiene - this section looks at why personal hygiene is so important when working with food - from hand washing to legal requirements
- Hygienic Premises and Equipment - this section looks at good housekeeping and the part premises and equipment design play in maintaining clean, pest-free conditions
- Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) - it is a requirement of regulations that all businesses implement and maintain a documented Food Safety Management system based on HACCP. This section looks at what this involves.
Staff learning forms
Policy and Legislation:
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Food and Safety Policy P6000
- WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP – working collaboratively with the people I support and other partners.
- PROFESSIONAL AUTONOMY – exercising judgement and initiative and being accountable for your practice.
- LIFELONG LEARNING – actively engaging in the continuous learning of yourself and others
- CONFIDENCE – knowing you are able to do your job well
Save This Event
When & Where
Frederick Street Training Centre
AB24 5HY Aberdeen
Bon Accord Care Learning and Development Team
Please note our courses are only free for employees of Bon Accord Care and the Aberdeen Health and Social Care Partnership
Learning & Development
Our experienced and expert team have a unique understanding of the health and social care sector to provide quality training that is timely, value for money, easily accessible and meets a range of different learning styles to ensure a skilled workforce, aligned to your business requirements.
Bespoke Training Solutions
Our skilled and experienced team will work with you to understand your unique development needs and define your goals before setting about creating a training programme that is tailored to suit you. We believe that a blended learning approach is best, using E-learning and classroom based or face-to-face training to offer you a complete and effective learning experience.
By investing in skills development of your team you can expect to drive longer term, sustainable change to motivate and retain the best talent and raise standards of service provision; we are here to help you get there.
Need to train employees in various locations at their own pace? Our E-learning courses can be deployed via your own learning management system (LMS), CD-ROMs or hosted on your own website; offering the same learning with less time in the classroom, and more time gaining the practical skills on a face to face workshop.
With a comprehensive library of courses to choose from, such as Food Hygiene, Infection Control, we will work with you to design relevant training that suits your employee's needs, your company culture and your business goals.
If you have any questions about any of the courses we run, please contact us on 01224 627825 or email us at LandD@bonaccordcare.org.