Actions and Detail Panel
Elevator Pitches - Entrepreneurial Barnet Competition
Tue 1 November 2016, 16:00 – 18:00 GMT
What’s your BIG IDEA?
Do you have an innovative business idea or a start-up business of less than 2 years old?
Would you like the opportunity to:
- Showcase your idea
- Be coached by business experts
- Win over £2000 of prize money
- The chance to win a pop up shop in Brent Cross Shopping Centre
If yes then we would love to hear from you.
The Entrepreneurial Barnet Competition, organised by Middlesex University, Barnet Council, Barnet and Southgate College and Brent Cross, gives the chance for local entrepreneurs and students to showcase their ideas to be in with a chance of winning one of four prizes worth £500 each.
The prizes are divided into four categories:
- Barnet residents with a business idea or business start-up of less than 2 years old
- Middlesex University postgraduate students and recent alumni
- Middlesex University undergraduate students
- Students at Barnet and Southgate College.
The four prize winners will then go head to head in a business pitch at Hammersons head office in London with a chance of winning a further £2000 prize money to kick start their career.
To be eligible you will need to be at least one of the following:
- Attending Middlesex University as an undergraduate, postgraduate student or recent alumni
- A local Barnet business of less than 2 years old
- A local Barnet resident with a new business idea
- Attending Barnet and Southgate college of further education
How to enter:
The first stage of the competition is The Pitching Stage. It is here that you will have two minutes to pitch your business idea to three independent judges. Those who receive a golden ticket at the end of their pitch will go through to the next stage which involves submitting a business model canvas of which you will receive mentoring and support from business experts.
To book a pitching slot please click Register and pick your Pitching slot
*Please note this is a ticketed event and you must register a place to enter*
If you would like to pitch your idea but are unable to make this date please see additonal dates and locations below:
Middlesex University - 27th October 2016 - 12:00 – 14:00 (Register here)
Barnet and Southgate College - 4th November 2016 -12:00 – 14:00 (Register here)
For any further questions regarding the competition please contact the London Borough of Barnet on
or visit the website: www.barnet.gov.uk/business-competition