At St Mary’s the Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) ethos underpins the shared values of our school.
Through embracing RRSA, we have developed a strong, positive ethos and provide the children with further opportunities to develop life skills, enhance achievement and become model citizens. As a level 2 RRSA School, the areas of impact we have identified are; improved self esteem and well-being, a stronger understanding of values, improved relationships and behaviour, a maximised engagement in learning, positive attitudes to diversity and enhanced moral understanding.
What visitors said ……. “Truly inspiration. I will be taking so much back to support our work on values.”
“I recently attended the RRSA training course at your school and observed a wonderful year 6 assembly which compared children's rights in WWII to those in Syria at the moment. It was a very moving and inspirational assembly and as a result I am implementing class assemblies in my school. I wondered if it would be possible to have a copy of it so that I can show staff an example of a class assembly at a high standard.”
“It is amazing to see how rights and values are underpinning all the work in school.”
St Mary’s would like to offer:
- a tour around St Mary’s school, demonstrating the impact of the RRSA ethos and environment.
- observation of a rights respecting school assembly
- a presentation from the St Mary’s UNICEF team on pupil voice.
- input from the RRSA Co-ordinator on how to develop an RRSA approach in your school (short and long term).
- advice on how to link RRSA to the curriculum and all aspects of school life
- a demonstration of an RRSA lesson.