Actions and Detail Panel
EMCC Network Yorkshire
Tue 6 December 2016, 17:30 – 20:00 GMT
Meet 5:30pm for Coffee and networking. The meeting starts at 18:00 until 19:45pm
Creative tools and techniques - a valuable part of coaching practice, or a distraction?
A practical, activity based event
There are a plethora of coaching tools and techniques in use across the coaching and mentoring community. Our December session invites us to consider the pros and cons of different tools and invites you to re-visit your own 'kit-box’, to bring examples of specific tools in regular use in your practice - e.g. coaching cards, modelling, drawing activities, Russian dolls / figures etc.
In a spirit of shared learning we’d like you to share how you apply a particular tool and as far as possible, we will endeavour to have a go and test out some of the tools with the group.
Questions we’d like to explore:
- When are these tools most helpful?
- What concerns might we have about introducing tools to a coaching conversation?
- Are tools something typically used early on in a coaches practice / when working with more / less senior clients?
- How do we ‘know’ when a tool is needed?
- What are the implications for our coaching conversations?
- What do our clients tell us?
The session will be led by Nicki Seignot, EMCC Coordinator for the Yorkshire Network and author of Mentoring New Parents at Work (Routledge 2016). Nicki has produced her own set of Cards for Mentoring Conversations for new parents returning to work and written an article on the pros and cons of Coaching Cards for the latest edition of Coaching at Work.
Date and Time
Fusion@Magna Business Centre
Fusion@Magna Business Centre, Magna Way