Actions and Detail Panel
EMCC UK - 2017 National CPD Roadshow, Thames Valley Regional Network
Mon 5 June 2017, 17:30 – 21:00 BST
When the police come calling - how safe are your notes?
Confidentiality, record keeping and ethical decision making in coaching and supervision
- How clear is our contracting around our note-taking and record-keeping?
- What sort of notes do we take?
- How do we store them?
- When and how do we destroy them and do we have a stated policy?
- Are we registered with the relevant authorities for data protection in our country? Should we be? How does this impact on us?
- How do we protect confidentiality and in what circumstances might we breach this?
- What are the solid foundations we can put in place to support us? Should either our client, organisation or courts/police ask for notes?