Actions and Detail Panel
Emergency First Aid at Work, 1 Day Course
Wed 21 June 2017, 09:00 – 17:00
Emergency First Aid at Work
Emergency First Aid at Work is a one day course that assists in meeitng meet your obligations to provide a healthy and safe workplace. Your risk assessment may indicate that your business activities are low risk and therefore EFAW is sufficient, alternatively your risk assessment may indicate the need for EFAW providers to bolster your "Full 3 day First Aid at Work" providers.
A range of subjects is covered including:
- The role of the first-aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Assessment is ongoing by the tutor, and a 3-year qualification will be issued to those who meet the criteria.
In addition, the it is strongly recommend that all students undergo an annual refresher programme of about 3 hours, although it is not mandatory, please contact us for more details.
Attendees will receive a course manual at no additional cost (usually priced at £5.99) and on successful completion of the course they will receive a qualification certificate valid for 3 years.
Tea/coffee is provided but attendees will be required to make their own arrangements for lunch.