Actions and Detail Panel
Emergency First Aid at Work Course (HSE Compliant 1 Day Course)
Wed 3 February 2016, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
Our 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work is designed for low risk sites / businesses. It will enable learners to manage emergencies until the arrival of the Ambulance Service. As with all of our courses the course is informal, fun and relaxed. The aim is to build confidence in dealing with First Aid emergencies that may be faced at work.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- First aid health and safety regulations.
- Learn about the priorities of first aid and how to manage an incident safely.
- Treatments of unconsciousness, Cardiac Arrest, Shock, bleeding and common workplace injuries.
- Combination of practical and theory sessions.
The course is delivered within a day over a 6 hour period. There will be a continuous assessment throughout by the trainer. Upon successful completion, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for three years.