Our emergency first aid at work course covers the content specified in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course gives learners the skills to help someone who is:
- unresponsive and breathing
- unresponsive and not breathing (including the use of an automated external defibrillator/AED)
- having a seizure
- bleeding heavily
- suffering from shock
It also includes information on:
- dealing with an emergency:
- assessing a casualty
- monitoring a casualty
- where to get help
- electrical incidents
- accident recording and reporting
- control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
Each learner receives a training pack including a host of resources to help them practice the skills covered. The pack includes a course companion workbook, bandages and more.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an emergency first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years.
Our courses offer a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation.
Learners must be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course.