San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
First Aid Qualifications
All organisations must ensure by law that they have a sufficient number of employees that possess a first aid qualification in order to fulfil their first aid needs at all times. Employers must ensure that their provision is ‘adequate and appropriate in the circumstances.’ It is the employer’s responsibility to decide what the requirements of the organisation are by assessing any specific work hazards and ensuring that sufficient equipment, facilities and personnel are available to deal with the consequences of these hazards.
As part of each assessment, the HSE recommends organisations should look at things such as the nature of work engaged in and the subsequent hazards and risks, the size of the organisation, work patterns and accident histories amongst other things.
The Capricorn range of awards for first aid is as follows:
HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW): This is a first aid qualification which enables learners to give emergency first aid to someone who becomes ill at work. This particular award is suited to working environments that have minimum hazards along with a low number of employees. This award typically involves a 1 day course.
HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAW): This includes all the features of EFAW and also equips learners with the first aid knowledge and skills to tend a range of specific injuries and illnesses. This particular award is most suited to working environments that have a high hazard count and/or high numbers of employees. This award typically involves a 2-3 day course.
When & Where
Capricorn Security and Training Ltd
Welcome to Capricorn Security and Training
Our team is proud to offer qualifications, training& security support for individuals, companies and large organisations.
We are a fresh, forward-thinking training company with a wealth of experience and a determination to offer a high level of affordable training courses for individuals and companies
Training that matters:
Our courses range from short 2-hour seminars to intensive training to fully meet your requirements and obtain your ambition.
Capricorn Training provides you with:
- Experienced Trainers with invaluable industry insight
- No gimmicks, jargon or timewasting games- just straight-talking, clearly delivered relevant courses
- Resources & course materials to enhance your learning experience
- Recognized, approved & certified qualifications
- Free examination re-takes
- Speedy results
- Assistance completing all official documentation
- ‘Pathway’ advice for your personal & professional development
- Competitive rates for courses & exams
We can support large or small companies to:
- Fulfill their legal obligations in line with current legislations
- Promote good practice
- Boost morale & your workforces knowledge
- Enhance productivity & motivation
- Develop your company image & levels of professionalism
- Identify the courses to greater develop your teams’ skillset
Our team can offer:
- Bespoke training solutions for your unique requirements& objectives
- Training held within your own workplace& therefore more time efficient & economical
- One to one or large group seminars
- Flexible sessions to suit your employees- day, evening or weekends
- Training resources, materials & official documentation to fulfill your obligations
- On-going support & advice