Sliding Scale of payment: £20- 50 ON THE DOOR (Cash or card) and Price includes Food (light snack or cake) and a Drink. PLEASE RESERVE YOUR PLACE HERE. (please see note about pricing below)
It’s time for our first shot of empathy for 2017, in a fantastic Central London location, with great food and company. This session will be based in the groundedness of sustaining a lived practice of empathy and will be juiced up by the super-soulfoods of gratitude, celebration and mourning.
Being listened to empathically can:
- help you experience feeling understood and energised. Have you ever had the experience when someone totally gets you, and you feel safe, energised and grateful for being understood? This is EMPATHY affecting your nervous system, coursing through your body. It’s caused by someone seeing and acknowledging your reality. You can achieve it again and again through certain strategies of listening and presence. It’s game-changing.
- help you get clearer about what you need, and help you to express specific, doable and clear requests to draw up contracts and set boundaries.
- help you move towards having the real conversations you need to have in your life so you can act sooner to end frustration.
- help you acknowledge the things that are blocking action and acceptance and change your relationship to fear. We dig down underneath our habits to understand our needs, so we can know what longings, dreams and values inform our reactions to other people.
- give you the tools to step into an empowered and empowering connection with yourself, others and the world around you.
Listening to someone empathically, without trying to fix them, correct them or offer suggestions for what they could do differently helps them access their natural wisdom and face things in their life that only they can face.
There will be a demonstration and practice of empathic listening with space to talk and be heard on live issues in your life.
As always, each session is stand alone, so you don’t need to have come before to enjoy the session, although it’s always wonderful to have people back month after month and a lovely community is emerging through these workshops.
So come along and get your regular shot of empathy! If you’ve not been before, a brief outline of how we proceed might help you. We do a brief introduction, then have some input which we practice with, in relation to our own lives (in pairs or small groups). We have a very important break to let it all integrate and have a similar structure after the break. Input then practice. Then we close. I try very hard to finish at 9pm on the dot.
Please pay what you can at the end of the session. I suggest a sliding scale of £20/ £25 / £50 (supporting rate). This includes one food dish (either a savoury dish or cake) and one drink (if you want further items you can pay separately in the break). If this is unaffordable for you, please get in touch and we can work something out so you can attend. At 6.30pm, we arrive, get to know each other and sit down to order food. We don't start the workshop material until 7, and I do start promptly at 7. If you are late, please don’t stress, you will be received with a smile when you get there. We do payment at the end. You can pay cash, cheque to me, or card payments through the CCK till.
See me talk about Empathy Injection here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alKFYTg2DmU
This is not a lecture, come and interact! Sessions will involve empathic listening and you will come away feeling all zingy and zesty from having a boosting dose of empathy that will support you in your daily life.
Come and get your regular dose of empathy.
Important Information about Cost:
I am proposing a sliding scale from £20-£50 including food and drink, increasing from the previous lower end of £15, as I currently not covering costs. I do this mindfully, that £20 may not be affordable for some. If it is not for you, please get in touch and we can talk about ways for you to access the workshops, which also support me and my needs for sustainability. I don't want money to be the reason for you to stay at home.
You can also support ongoing sustainability of this workshop simply by coming and by committing to coming. I don't cover costs with 15 people in the workshop, but with 20 or so people paying £20+ I do. Simply by coming, you are supporting this initiative to continue and grow.
At the beginning of this adventure i decided to drop Pre-payment as a strategy as as I found Eventbrite charges quite high (£2,£3+ depending on what you paid). I would rather see this money reinvested in our local economy and supporting social change. And it also gives you, the participant flexibility and increased freedom over how you spend your money.
More info: www.ceribuckmaster.co.uk