Actions and Detail Panel
Employability and Academic Assessment - webinar
Tue 16 May 2017, 11:00 – 12:00 BST
Here's the description of the original webinar:
By the end of the course participants will have explored examples of employability initiatives aimed at increasing the employability outcomes of WP students and will have also reviewed the literature around this topic.
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
- Employability and Widening Participation:
- What does the research tell us?
- Are employability initiatives aimed at widening participation communities within HE working?
- What sort of activities seem to be the most successful?
- The session is aimed at careers and employability professionals and academics who are engaged in designing, delivering and evaluating employability provision aimed at WP students across a range of curricula.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Reflect on what is meant by the term ‘widening participation’ within UK institutions
- Assess what the literature is and isn’t currently telling us regarding the success of widening participation and employability initiatives within HEIs.
- Explore the guidance of BIS, OFFA and HEFCE as well as case studies from various institutions.
- Consider key themes such as outreach, retention and the need flexibility of provision
Share your ideas, questions and learning with your fellow participants
- Refine your understanding of the context of your work
- Develop your understanding of the issue
- Refresh your knowledge of the relevant literature
- Understand how other institutions are enhancing the employability of their diverse widening participation cohorts.
- Training provided by experts from the field
Recording of the weibnar available here
Senior Careers Consultant, Research Unit, The Careers Group