Employability and parental influence: what’s our role in helping students and parents navigate career choice? - webinar
Wednesday, 8 March 2017 from 12:00 to 13:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Employability and parental influence: what’s our role in helping students and parents navigate career choice?
The fifth webinar in the Employability series will focus on the role parental influence can play in determining the employability of students and graduates.
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
- Employability and parental influence: what’s our role in helping students and parents navigate career choice?
- Beyond anecdotes, what does research tell us about parental influence over career choice?
- How can we engage with both students and parents to help inform their career decision-making?
- The session is aimed at careers and employability professionals whom are engaged in designing and delivering employability provision across a range of curricula and are interested in the role parental influence may play in a student’s employability.
By the end of the course participants will have reviewed the literature around this topic and considered their own understanding of parental influence over students’ career choices.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Reflect on various opportunities throughout the student life cycle to successfully engage alumni from an employability perspective
- Assess what the literature tells us regarding the increasing levels of parental influence on higher education choices, for example.
- Explore the context of parental influence on career choice in terms of additional societal and cultural influences
- Consider the extent to which career professionals need to acknowledge these influences on students’ career and employability expectations and aspirations
Share your ideas, questions and learning with your fellow participants
- Refine your understanding of the context of your work
- Develop your understanding of the issue
- Refresh your knowledge of the relevant literature
- Understand the role parental influence, and other factors, can play in determining the employability of students and graduates.
- Training provided by experts from the field
Senior Careers Consultant, Research Unit, The Careers Group
When & Where
Careers Staff Development
The Careers Group offers quality, affordable training to those working in the careers and professional development field.
We know the importance of keeping your skills current. Careers Staff Development at The Careers Group offers specialist training, guidance and interactive webinars for those in the industry. Our training is contemporary, practical and relevant to the day-to-day management and practice of those working in the industry.
Discover our wide range of training sessions and workshops today.