Employability assessed: how can we measure and grade employability skills? - webinar
Thursday, 27 April 2017 from 14:00 to 15:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Here's the description of the original webinar:
Employability assessed: how can we measure and grade employability skills?
The sixth webinar in the Employability focused series will focus on how employability skills could be measured and graded.
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
• Employability assessed: how can we measure and grade employability skills?
• In what ways can you actually assess someone’s employability skills?
• Which metrics will have most impact and lead to real outcomes?
By the end of the course participants will have explored the challenges we face in both measuring and marking employability skills within our institutions and will have had an opportunity to share best practice.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Reflect on various pedagogical aspects of employability which have significant implications for assessment
- Assess what the literature tells us regarding the context dependent nature of employability and how that might be measured.
- Explore the range of assessment methodologies which might be most appropriate, such as peer-assessment
- Consider the extent to which career professionals need to be explicit on what activity is and isn’t assessable and why
- Share your ideas, questions and learning with your fellow participants
- Refine your understanding of the context of your work
- Develop your understanding of the issue
- Refresh your knowledge of the relevant literature
- Understand the role parental influence, and other factors, can play in determining the employability of students and graduates.
- Training provided by experts from the field
Senior Careers Consultant, Research Unit, The Careers Group
Save This Event
When & Where
Careers Staff Development
The Careers Group offers quality, affordable training to those working in the careers and professional development field.
We know the importance of keeping your skills current. Careers Staff Development at The Careers Group offers specialist training, guidance and interactive webinars for those in the industry. Our training is contemporary, practical and relevant to the day-to-day management and practice of those working in the industry.
Discover our wide range of training sessions and workshops today.