Employability international: what lessons can we learn from overseas HEIs? - recording
Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 13:00 - Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 18:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Recording of the Employability international: What lessons can we learn from overseas heis? webinar run on the 30th July 2015 by Laura Brammar.
Here's the description of the original webinar:
Employability international: What lessons can we learn from overseas heis?
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
- Employability international: what lessons can we learn from overseas HEIs?
- How do our overseas colleagues approach the issue of employability?
- What could we learn from them in terms of delivery and outcomes?
- This webinar, the second in our Employability series, explores the approach towards employability adopted by universities in different parts of the world from Europe, North America and Australasia.
The session is aimed at careers and employability professionals and academics who are engaged in designing, delivering and evaluating employability provision across a range of curricula.
By the end of the course participants will have explored examples of how employability is delivered by universities from across the world.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Reflect on employability infrastructure within UK institutions
- Assess how different countries have produced distinct frameworks to support employability delivery
- Explore case studies from various countries (e.g. US, Australia, Finland, Netherlands, New Zealand) which explore aspects such as co-operative learning, institutional-wide approaches and the marketing of careers services
- Compare examples of academic and employer liaison within institutions from across the world
- Look at broader career development enhancement such as in Saudi Arabia
- Share your ideas, questions and learning with your fellow participants
- Provide an international context to the work you are doing
- Develop your understanding of the sector
- Refresh your knowledge of the relevant literature
- Understand how other institutions from across the world are enhancing the employability of their students
- Training provided by experts from the field
Senior Careers Consultant, Research Unit, The Careers Group