San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
EC Futures Employer Insight sessions in the 2016/17 academic year provides an opportunity for top employers to deliver an in depth hour long session about their company to a group of students.
This time we welcome FLUOR
1) About the company
- a. Background and history,
- b. Location(s) and size,
- c. Market share and reputation in sector/industry,
2) Key projects or products
- a. Overview of sector trends,
- b. Products that have made an impact and their background,
- c. Ongoing projects and forecasts for the future,
3) Benefits of employer
- a. Working environments,
- b. Typical day to day tasks,
- c. Learning and development progression,
4) Opportunities for students
- a. Placement and/or graduate positions,
- b. Key to being successful in the recruitment process
- c. What characteristics are looked for in a candidate
When & Where
EC Futures is the faculty based Employability & Careers Unit for Engineering, Environment and Computing. Our mission is to equip students with the employabilty skills needed to succeed.
EC Futures manages a highly successful Industrial Placement Scheme in which students complete a year in industry as part of their course. They receive academic credit and are regularly visited by their academic supervisor. There is no fee for students to pay for this academic year and all accreditation and support associated with it.
We are involved in a wide range of employer initiatives, course activities, professional guidance and technical work experience programmes to help students ultimately secure the right graduate role. We work closely with key industrial partners, such as Jaguar Land Rover, GE Aviation, Cummins and Intel, to ensure that we develop our students in line with the requirements of business and equip them with the skills required to compete on the global stage.