Actions and Detail Panel
Employment and Disability- A Practical Approach for Employers
Wed 7 June 2017, 08:00 – 11:00 BST
This two hour workshop on good practice will assist employers to prepare for forthcoming legislation by providing them with practical guidance concerning the recruitment, retention and employment of disabled people. The workshop and the materials provided are free.
- 08.00- Registration with tea, coffee and pastries
- 08.30-10.30 Training Workshop
- 10.30-11.00 Questions and Answers
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:-
- Identify local sources of advice and support
- Introduce good practice procedures into the workplace and eliminate discriminatory elements from employment practice
- Understand disability etiquette and avoid giving offence
- Understand the problems and needs of disabled people
- Increase confidence in addressing the issues in relation to employment and disability
- Improve management skills regarding diversity issues
- Enhance corporate reputation of your organisation
Learning methods include:-
A discussion group, presentation and Q&A. The course will provide you with guidance and ideas to ensure you apply fair policies and procedures at work. You will receive relevant and detailed resources to take away.
Who Should Attend?
Human Resources/Personnel Managers, Line Manager, Supervisors, those with recruitment and selection responsibilities and staff dealing with employment issues in the workplace.
Participants will receive complimentary copies of:-
Employment and Disability: Good Practice Guide for Employers in Guernsey
Employers’ Disability Charter
Leaflets on relevant support services in Guernsey