Employment Law Essentials: Training for Managers
A one-day training course tackling the most common employment law issues that managers and supervisors come across on a day-to-day basis. This is the essential employment law course for any business wishing to avoid costly and time consuming tribunal claims.
Managing Difficult Employees
- Grievances: How to avoid them, how to address them and the consequences of failing to resolve them effectively.
- Disciplinary action: How to carry out disciplinary action fairly, and the consequences of getting it wrong.
- Dismissal: Avoiding successful unfair and constructive dismissal claims.
- Spotting and addressing potential problems early.
Managing Performance Issues
- Helping employees to work more efficiently.
- Monitoring progress.
- What action to take if an employee's performance does not improve.
Managing Sickness Absence
- Addressing problems with short term/frequent absences.
- Addressing long term absences.
- Return to work interviews.
- Disability discrimination - avoiding claims.
- What are reasonable adjustments and when are they required.
Discrimination, Bullying and Harassment
- Preventing, identifying and addressing discrimination, bullying and harassment at work.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please e-mail JRM@jelfgroup.com
When & Where
Jelf Risk Management
We work side-by-side with our clients to understand their needs and individual circumstances so you benefit from our vigilant claims and risk management controls. This helps you respond to risk and threat promptly while stripping out waste and inefficiencies that can arise from accidents and employment disputes.