Actions and Detail Panel
Employment Law for Careers Services - November 2016
Wed 2 November 2016, 13:30 – 16:30 GMT
The seminar run by Gillian MacLellan, Partner and Mark Walker, Senior Associate from CMS Cameron McKenna.
This course is for those who manage job vacancies service or job vacancies board at careers services and would like to make sure they are up to date with all the latest regulations.
The course will cover:
• National Minimum Wage Legislation - we will outline what the different levels of payment are and also explore the grey areas such as commission, bonuses and benefits instead of pay.
• The different levels of work that can be expected in working arrangements such as work experience, work shadowing and voluntary work. We will also look at rights under employment law for interns and placement students.
• What the legal duties and requirements of brokers, advertisers and 'signposters' of job opportunities actually are. How far are careers services liable for the job adverts on their vacancies boards?
• To explore these key areas further, we will look at related cases, legal grey areas and legal statutes.
• At the end of the session, the trainers will respond to your questions on these topics in a Q and A session.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.