Actions and Detail Panel
Employment law for people managers
Thu 20 April 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Royds Withy King's Employment & HR team is delighted to invite you to our one day course on managing people.
We recognise that employing staff is a significant expense to any business and maintaining an efficient and happy workforce can be challenging as well as rewarding. Operationally, this responsibility falls on business managers. Employment law is fast-paced and can quickly change.
There is a clear benefit in companies training their managers on HR issues and employment law:
• training develops talent and enhances the knowledge and expertise of the individuals who have day to day control over employees
• training provides a “reasonable steps defence” that businesses can legally rely on to demonstrate to the Employment Tribunal they’ve tried to mitigate the risk of discrimination in the workplace.
So for anyone who wants to obtain a better understanding of what you should and should not say or do in relation to HR or employment issues, we recommend that you sign up to our one day ‘Employment Law for People Managers’ course.
Topics we'll cover
In this full day training course we'll cover what you need to know about managing employees effectively, from highlighting employee rights through to performance management, sickness absence and family friendly matters.
You will also learn about employment law claims such as unfair dismissal and discrimination.
The session will be interactive including quizzes and case studies. No prior learning or qualifications are required. The course covers the following topics:
• employee rights
• disciplinary and grievance issues: what a manager needs to know
• effective absence management
• The Equality Act
• family friendly policies.
Who should attend?
Anyone with the responsibility for managing people