Having been an employment lawyer since qualifying at the bar, Darren has spent time writing for the employment Law Journal, IDS brief. He also has a wealth of experience representing employers and employees at employment tribunals and as a policy adviser. He is Consultant editor for Xpert HR and now focusses on employment law training, as such being both enthusiastic and entertaining. He is also an avid blogger.
This will be a packed day with more than 25 new cases to talk about as well as three new pieces of legislation. But as ever we will have plenty of time for questions and discussion. The programme for the day is flexible so that we can stay bang-up to date and make sure we spend time on the topics that matter most to you – but the key topics that we will cover include:
• Employment Tribunals and the requirement for early conciliation
• The amendments made to the Trade Union Bill
• Implementing the National Living Wage
• Gender pay gap reporting
• Holiday pay – the saga continues
• The status of travel time
• Who transfers under TUPE?
• Whistleblowing and the ‘public interest’
• The role of HR in disciplinary procedures
• ‘Trust and confidence’ dismissals
• Safeguarding and employment law
• The use and abuse of social media
• Age discrimination and voluntary redundancy
• Childcare vouchers and maternity leave
• Sickness absence, disability and reasonable adjustments
And of course, what happens if we vote for Brexit?
09:00 - arrival & refreshments
09:30 - 09:45 - welcome
09:45 - 11:30 - 1st part of the workshop
11:30 - 11:45 - mid-morning break
11:45 - 13:15 - 2nd part of the workshop
13:15 - 14:00 - lunch
14:00 - 15:00 - 3rd part of the workshop
15:00 - 15:15 - mid-afternoon break
15:15 - 17:00 - 4th part of the workshop
17:00 - finish & departure
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
If you are unable to attend an event please give at least 1 working day notice and we will be happy to refund 100% of your booking fee or book you on to a subsequent event to the same value. Cancellations received after this time will be non transferable and non refundable.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.