Actions and Detail Panel
End of Project Celebration: Cumbria
Wed 22 March 2017, 10:00 – 15:30 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This is a gathering to celebrate the activities and achievements, and look to the future of the Maintenance Co-operative groups which have been set up in Cumbria to help support people in caring for their places of worship.
Join us to hear what the Cumbrian Co-ops have been doing over the last three years and for 2 fantastic training sessions with Conservation Architect James Innerdale. Take away some advice, information and contacts to help you keep going too.
You’re welcome to join us for any part of the day, even if you only join us for lunch!
It's an opportunity to:
- Find out about plans for the future of the Cumbrian Maintenance Co-operative Groups on the West Coast, Carlisle area, Heart of Eden, South Lakes and Bassenthwaite Binsey
- Hear from some of the Co-operative volunteers about their experiences
- Learn how to join the existing groups or set up your own Maintenance Co-operative
- Hear about the Maintenance Co-op resources which will be available for anyone to access after the funded part of the project ends
- Meet and network with people from other places of worship with similar maintenance issues
- Attend a training session by James Innerdale on 'An Introduction to Lime, Use, Specifying and Best Practice'
- Attend a training session by James Innerdale on 'What's Best for your Building - Appropriate and Inappropriate Materials for Old Buildings'
- Hear from Barton Church about their experiences working with a Community Payback scheme
- Hear from the regional manager of Cumbria & North West Lancashire Community Payback scheme about what they can do for you & how it works
- A light lunch will be included
There is limited parking at the church and on-street in the vicinity. You are permitted to use the limited car parking at 'The Bridge' Youth Centre also on Wordsworth Street and there are 2 pay and display car parks at Sandgate CA11 7XA and Bluebell Lane CA11 7LX.