Supported by the Mayor of London and sponsored by Just IT, Tech London Advocates - Education Group welcomes you to a conference at City Hall on 17th October. With the Apprenticeship Levy coming in April 2017, we want to support Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) increase their Traineeships and Apprenticeships uptake, and fully benefit from its potential.
TLA Education’s objective is to discuss how SMEs:
1. Can explore what opportunities the apprenticeships(s) could provide for them
2. Can become more successful through hiring apprentices
3. Can be supported if they wish to take on apprentices
We are expecting the discussion to:
1. Identify ways more SMEs can engage with young people through traineeships and apprenticeships
2. Raise a pledge in support of this agenda to increase awareness with other SMEs
3. Identify the potential barriers SMEs could face and suggest the solutions to overcome them
18:00 – 18:10:
Welcome and Introductions by TLA Education and Mayor’s Office
18:10 – 18:30:
Roundtable Interactive Session 1
Question 1: How can SMEs go about finding the right talent for their businesses?
Question 2: How can TLA Education and the audience members help SMEs understand how Traineeships/Apprenticeships work and how can they be beneficial for the businesses?
18:30 – 18:35:
Emma Hudson and Ellen Kerr showcasing how Just IT is shaping young Digital talent as a top Apprenticeship and Traineeship provider in London.
18:35 – 18:55:
Roundtable Interactive Session 2
Question 3: What challenges could SMEs face upon taking apprenticeships and what solutions are there?
Question 4: How can SMEs and Training/Education Institutes work closer to develop the talent required?
18:55 – 19:15
Mark Hilton, Director of Education & Employment for London First
Simon Perriton, CEO Just IT
(More speakers TBC )
19:30 - 20:00
See you there!