San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In partnership with the RSA, we are hosting the first of 2017s Engine Shed briefings on the convergence of the Scale Up and Inclusive Growth agendas.
- This event will explore how we deliver on the national Scale-Up agenda, in a way that really works for the city-region - i.e. that growth benefits from being inclusive, while at the same time contributes to strengthening the social fabric and resilience.
We will talk about creating an environment where enterprises (for-profit and not-for-profit) can thrive and 'scale up', what that involves and how we make sure the opportunities that arise from the resultant growth, reduce rather than increase the inequality gap.
This event also sets the scene for a series of briefings that contribute to helping businesses scale up.
A panel session with Q&A, followed by networking until 6:30pm.
Introducing our Panel:
- Marvin Rees - Mayor of Bristol
- Irene Graham - CEO, The Scale Up Institute
- Charlotte Alldritt - Director, RSA Inclusive Growth Commission
- Helen Simpson - Professor of Economics, University of Bristol
- Chris Houghton - CFO, OVO Energy - Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2016 - The Smith & Williamson Scale Up Business of the Year
The aim of this event is to be informative, provocative, raise awareness, generate new ideas and thoughts, and help build an inclusive scale-up ecosystem - we hope you can attend and contribute to that thinking.
The event is kindly sponsored by:
Please note: This event will be filmed. Please let us know if you do not want to appear in the filming and we can seat you out of view.
#wegrowthhub #scaleup #people #startup #financinggrowth #strategy
When & Where
A platform for collaboration
Engine Shed is a collaboration between Bristol City Council, the University of Bristol and the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership at the heart of Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone. Our mission is to stimulate long term economic growth by supporting business, inspiring young people to get involved and to showcase to the public and potential inward investors the exciting opportunities that exist here.