San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Cost: £25 plus £2.25 booking fee
Presentation led by Anthony Fitzgerald, Director of Careers and Universities, Kingston Grammar School
Engineering employment in London and the South East accounts for 15% of the national workforce in the sector! With employment opportunities across the region. This sector is a powerhouse for recruitment with skill shortages in most areas and focusing on transport and the build environment in London. This session will focus on the employment opportunities across the sectors, routes into the sector at all levels and will give an up-to-date insight into the key engineering sectors: Mechanical, Chemical, Construction. The session will include presentations by London-based engineering organisations and employers. In addition useful contacts and resources to promote engineering to young people will be shared.
- 2 – 2.20 pm – A Fitzgerald – Overview of the engineering sector, job roles, future need, training & examples of generic engineering outreach activities offered to schools as well as residentials.
- 2.20 – 2.45 pm – Anita Allard + apprentice (TBC), Skanska (CONSTRUCTION)
- 2.45 – 3.10 pm – Howard Railton – Airproducts / Surrey Satro http://www.satro.org.uk/ (CHEMICAL)
- 3.10 – 3.35 pm – COFFEE BREAK
- 3.35 – 4.00 pm – May-Ann Lew (National Ambassadors Manager) – Young Rail Professionals – www.youngrailpro.com (ELECTRICAL/RAIL), Jason Johnston (Acting Head of Engineering, Infrastructure Projects - Network Rail), George Chilcott (Graduate Systems Development Consultant - PB World)
- 4.00– 4.30 pm – Q&A session
91% of respondents from last years engineering event said it was excellent or very good.
Comments from last years Engineering careers sector lecture include:
"The Introduction was especially helpful. Each of the speakers was very good and helpful."
"Good mix of speakers who knew their stuff"
When & Where
Central Careers Hub
Central Careers Hub - career sector knowledge for Career Development Professionals