English for Business: Academic Writing (All Levels) Term 2 - Wednesdays 12:00, Feb - Mar 2016
Wednesday, 15 February 2017 at 12:00 - Wednesday, 5 April 2017 at 14:00 (GMT)
**Important Notice** Please note - There must be a minimum number of student registrations in order for us to run this course. If there are not enough students registered this course may be cancelled. Students who have registered will be informed if the course is not running. Thank you.
This 9 week course is for Lincoln International Business School (LIBS) students only. The course is open to international students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to produce and write an academic argument essay
- Learn how to write an essay outline
- Learn how to write an effective introduction, main body and conclusion
- Learn how to construct paragraphs
- Learn how to source and evaluate research sources
- Learn how to use citations, paraphrase, summarise and quote
- Review elements of academic writing such as tenses, passives, articles and academic vocabulary
- Learn how to edit and proofread your writing
What You Will Need To Do
This course has a strong emphasis on practical activity. Therefore, students are required to actively engage both in the classroom by working in pairs and groups, and also out of the classroom in the form of independent study. Additionally, you will be offered the opportunity to practically apply the skills learnt on your own Business School assignments in some of the sessions. You will also be given the opportunity to write parts of the essay during the course for which you will receive feedback.
Classes are once a week and start at 12:00 and end at 14:00. Please arrive on time.
*Please note: Places on the course are limited and will be given on a ‘first come first served’ basis. If you have any questions about the course or need help registering, please visit the FAQs page on the English Language Centre webiste. If you can't find the answer to your question there, please email the English Language Centre: email@example.com and we will help you.*
Save This Event
When & Where
English Language Centre at the University of Lincoln
Providing lanuage support