English for Dissertation Writing Postgraduate (All Levels) Term 3 - Wednesdays & Thursdays 15:00, Jun 2017
Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 15:00 - Thursday, 29 June 2017 at 17:00 (BST)
**Important Notice** Please note - There must be a minimum number of student registrations in order for us to run this course. If there are not enough students registered this course may be cancelled. Students who have registered will be informed if the course is not running. Thank you.
This 4 week course is for international postgraduate students only who are writing a dissertation as part of their degree course at University of Lincoln.
There are 2 classes per week:
Wednesday 15:00 - DCB2101
Thursday 15:00 - DCB2101
You should attend both classes every week.
What will you study?
In this course you will:
– Learn how to develop a research question
– Learn how to identify and evaluate online research sources
– Learn how to take effective notes to get the most out of your sources
– Consider which chapters to include in a dissertation
– Learn more about the structure of each chapter
– Consider how to define terms you use
– Learn how to refer to the work of others to avoid plagiarism
– Learn how to use the language of quantitative and qualitative data
– Learn how to use cautious language (modals) and impersonal language (passive)
– Review how to proofread your dissertation
What You Will Need To Do
We believe that people learn best by doing. Therefore, this course has a strong emphasis on practical activity. Much of this course requires you to actively engage in the classroom tasks and work with other students, in pairs and in groups, to improve your dissertation writing skills.
Classes are twice a week and start at 15:00 and end at 17:00. Please arrive on time.
*Please note: Places on the course are limited and will be given on a ‘first come first served’ basis. If you have any questions about the course or need help registering, please visit the FAQs page on the English Language Centre webiste. If you can't find the answer to your question there, please email the English Language Centre: email@example.com and we will help you.*
Save This Event
When & Where
English Language Centre at the University of Lincoln
Providing lanuage support